What is Aptos? It’s All about the APT token.
Aptos is currently one of the hottest projects getting around in the crypto community these days, when many accounts won the big airdrop.
The project is now on the Mainnet after four years of development. The ecosystem is still young, and there aren’t many dApps that have been successfully built on the network. However, Aptos has extensive technological potential, as promised, by the team in the Aptos whitepaper.
After the Mainnet, Aptos got a lot of FOMO, and at one point went up to $100 on Binance. In this article, we’ll analyze Aptos Whale Wallet addresses, create a wallet list, while also looking at tracking, to know when the whales are likely to sell out.
Aptos Whale Wallet List.
The diagram below depicts the top 12 wallets, which are holding the most APT tokens. However, they are only Aptos wallets.
Aptos is currently being traded on certain DEX exchanges in their own ecosystem, but the liquidity isn’t very high. Whales who want to sell APT will often deposit on CEX exchanges like Coinbase, Binance, etc.
By tracking these whale wallet addresses, we can determine when they move their tokens, thereby predicting their release behavior.
The first wallet address is holding more than 61.3 million APT, and is considered to be a wallet address created by the dev team, which started out as 100 million APT before any transfers were made (TX0 – 61.3M APT).
So maybe this wallet address will not sell out directly, but will transfer to other wallet addresses to sell. In addition, these are the wallet addresses created by the project, because when the wallet is created, there is an available amount of tokens, those wallets will be named TX0 – (the amount of APT in the wallet):
TX0 – 61.3M APT: 0xc739507214d0e1bf9795485299d709e00024e92f7c0d055a4c2c39717882bdfd
TX0 – 29.56M APT: 0xaaa9c5fb3b4855e1569321041febcc1146b44af3f08893d4ce41846cc7e25645
TX0 – 20M APT: 0xcd30fbbda98b2aed026772c13e5ed90a7f056b589ef9e78cd96415e1af12451c
TX0 – 5M APT: 0x6dd484cf0a72f61d2cb7cd0530633f8e1fe05dcb69b4c29dd0257d3d2639377d
TX0 – 3.689M APT: 0xb75ba0117fd363a54dc976636d003958bf36124cc9bfc6f8e8a953f053ab14ca
TX0 – 3.681M APT: 0x258bc02e81cc57b7e3383eb5866513428257fefde8e69684215add52aa0abd8b
TX0 – 3.1M APT: 0xb71a9c7dbce47be1706566aeb2b47d60f24b52aec039bd78e58fee77a71bece4
TX0 – 2.69M APT: 0xe3dab0aa348eee08c8e0cc9ecf56650ad9f9a98b78224ca045abd50bea3503dd
TX0 – 2.543M APT: 0x8a78c7d3a66bb09251622a682f8d1336cf134677487f636c8e815717345784a3
TX0 – 2.51M APT: 0x9b95702596a45d806ae6ef2a17b955e140c79fed84590ea2aa7f0fdc3440dd00
TX0 – 2.409M APT: 0x887dbc66257a99518b98ffc0b86ab84dd9974aea1667498623540d5bbb66bfba
TX0 – 1.69M APT: 0x2db22014a577bca5d9e17fefbad3d14c94249f6be5069a6910706d88071a458c
=> Full watch list here (it have 3 pages): https://app.depocket.com/shared-watchlists/e7d11218-5a7c-4904-9339-06368af9eef1
Should we worry when APT whale wallets sell all their tokens?
Aptos announced that there is a total supply of 1 billion coins (as of October 12, 2022), and distributed as follows:
– Community: 510,217,359,767 APT (51.02%)
– Core Member: 190,000,000 APT (19%)
– Project fund: 165,000,000 APT (16.5%)
– Investor: 134,782,640,233 APT (13.48%)
However, the amount of APT coins allocated to investors and project members will be locked for one year, and paid monthly over the next four years.
Looking at the predictive chart below, we can see that the token release line, between Nov 2022 and Nov 2023, is set to rise slightly. However, between 2023, and early 2024 the goal will be to have a large amount of tokens unlocked.
- Currently, Aptos has almost zero whale wallets that can be sold on the DEX, and the funds/team wallets are locked for at least a year. The time period to be careful of, however, is late 2023, and early 2024, when a large number of Aptos will be released.
- APT’s Rich List wallets are expected to be under the management of the team, as the amount of APT in the wallet is generated from TX0 – as soon as the wallet has been created, and not because it has been transferred. These are the wallets that should be monitored, because Aptos team will most likely transfer tokens from these wallets to reward the community/Marketing activities, etc. of the project. You can view the watchlist of these wallets at: https://app.depocket.com/shared-watchlists/e7d11218-5a7c-4904-9339-06368af9eef1
- Aptos is being traded mainly on CEX exchanges, and so the whales listed above cannot be tracked by the on-chain tool. However, PancakeSwap has just announced support for Aptos, and the DefiLearn team will update this article in the event that new information is received regarding Aptos!